Most Trusted Online Casinos
Have you always wanted to try playing at an online casino but are worried if the site is safe and trustworthy? We are here to help with our in-depth guide.
Our team of experts has put together a list of the most trusted online casinos for players. Each comes with legit certifications and great reputations. We show you how to identify the safest casinos and groups currently in operation. You will be able to pick a trusted online casino that is safe, but also fun to play online!
Identifying Reliable & Certified Online Casinos
Anyone with the necessary technical knowledge can put up a gaming site, but not all of these individuals are operating with the purest of intentions.
An online casino that gets certification from any reputable entity is telling players that it has chosen to be reviewed and held accountable for their actions.
A legitimate casino certification is a type of guarantee that you can trust the casino site. That their payouts should arrive in a timely manner, and that all casino software operates fairly.
There are some dishonest casinos that put up false certificates, so it’s always a good idea to double-check your information.
Types of Certificates for Online Casinos
There are three major ways for an Internet gaming establishment to show they have certification. These include:
- Jurisdictional Licenses – Even rogue casinos are usually licensed in one of several gaming jurisdictions around the globe. Some of these regions require strict guidelines to be followed, while others are happy to receive an annual payment and look the other way. The quality of the various jurisdictions is discussed in greater detail in the section below.
- Security Companies – These regulatory bodies check gaming sites for criminal activities and make sure players are protected from any other sort of unwanted operations.
- Software Testing Companies – These independent organizations make sure that the casino software is operating fairly and the random number generator is truly random. If glitches or weaknesses are found during an evaluation, the casino then has the opportunity to correct any problems.
In addition to the jurisdiction that licenses an online casino, you should also look for one or more of these gambling certifications. Information about them is located in the basement of the site.
- eCOGRA – Established in the UK in 2003, this regulatory body tests and certifies online casinos. A list of licensed casinos is kept on their website.
- GamCare – The presence of this logo on a casino shows that the staff has been adequately trained to recognize and deal with problem gambling.
- SSL – Allows secure sessions between web servers and browsers. Clients may apply for a range of certificates, and each comes with its own qualifications.
Major Gambling Jurisdictions
The following are the primary gambling jurisdictions that give out licenses to trusted online casinos.
In order to maintain their license, the casino operators must adhere to standards set forth by the jurisdiction’s governing body.
- UK Gambling Commission
- Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Committee
- Alderney Gambling Control Commission
- Kahnawake Gaming Commission
- Curaçao Gaming Control Board
- Panama Gaming Control Board
- Gibraltar Betting and Gaming Association
- Malta Gaming Authority