Slots are the most popular online casino game. They are created by software developers (providers), of which there are already more than 100 in the world. The most famous and successful are NetEnt, Microgaming, Novomatic (Greentube), Big Time Gaming, Pragmatic Play, Playtech, Yggdrasil Gaming. It is these companies that are responsible for ensuring that the results of the draw at each launch of the slot are random. The computer program operates on the side of the provider, and the casino only provides customers with access to the video slot interface.
Varieties of slots online
More than 100 years have passed since the invention of the first slot machine. Online slots appeared much later than their land-based brothers, but they are characterized by more intensive development. Now there are thousands of slots and they are all divided into different types, which we will discuss below.
Classic slots – with 3 or 5 reels. Under the classics, it is not customary to understand slots with a large number of functions. The maximum is the presence of one bonus game. Everything else is as simple as possible – from graphics to a small number of pay lines.
Previously, they were often called – fruit. Since they mostly depicted traditional symbols: fruits, sevens, bells.
All ways win
With the advent of the Imortal Romance slot machine from the Microgaming provider, a new history of slots began. Now they are called – All ways win. This means that the symbols no longer need to line up in a certain line. Instead, it is enough that the same symbols are located on adjacent reels one after the other.
The first slots of this type had 243 winning combinations. Then new versions of slot machines appeared with 1024 combinations. In 2018, the Red Tiger provider released a slot of this type called Laser Fruit. The game starts with 243 lines, but due to expanding reels and adding rows, the maximum number of pay lines can reach 60,466,176. At the moment, this is a record.
Slots with cascading reels
Cascading reels – quite popular type of slot machines. In such slots, the symbols that add up to a winning combination explode after a payout. Other symbols fall on top of their vacated space. It’s like a free respin.
The advantage of this type of slots is that you can get a lot of winnings in one spin. Moreover, these games often offer increasing multipliers that increase after each winning combination.
A unique development from the Big Time Gaming company, which was called MegaWays. Slots of this type provide up to 117,649 pay lines. Such a number of lines is obtained due to the fact that there can be up to 8 symbols on each reel.
The uniqueness of this type of slot machines is that you can win huge money not only in the bonus game, but also with the most ordinary spin.
MegaWays is a patented slot mechanic by the BTG provider. But other companies are also buying the right to use it. Therefore, similar slots can be found with other providers, for example: Pragmatic Play, BluePrint, Relax Gaming, Red Tiger.
Cluster pays – a separate type of slots that pay out winnings not by lines, but by clusters. One of the first such slots was – Aloha from the NetEnt provider.
The principle is very simple – in order to win something you need to get a cluster of several identical symbols. They can be connected vertically or horizontally. These games are quite popular these days.
Jackpot slots at online casinos
Many players come to online casinos not only for excitement and adrenaline, but also in the hope of hitting a big jackpot that will change their whole life. Most gambling establishments are ashamed of providers to provide players with such an opportunity. To do this, there are dozens of jackpot slots in which, when a certain combination appears, you can win from several hundred to several million dollars.
There are two types of jackpot in slots: guaranteed and accumulative.
- Guaranteed jackpot – with a predetermined winning amount. As a rule, these are not so significant amounts (from several hundred to several thousand dollars). They win quite often.
- Cumulative jackpots (progressive) – their size is constantly growing due to the bets of the players. That is, when making a spin, part of the money goes to the jackpot. And it accumulates until someone wins it. In such slots, the maximum amount of winnings can be simply huge: from several hundred thousand dollars to several million. Moreover, you can break such a win even when playing at the minimum bets. But the chances of winning are certainly not great.
Buy Bonus Game
Recently, many providers have begun to release slots with the “Buy Bonus Game” feature. That is, you no longer have to make tens or hundreds of spins in the game in the hope that you will catch the bonus. It is enough to click on the “Buy bonus” button, after which an autospin with a 100% guarantee of a bonus game will be made.
The cost of buying such a feature depends entirely on the slot in which you play. In most cases, it is equal to x80-x100 of the bet amount. But there are also much more expensive ones, in those slots that can give a very large multiplication. For example, in online slots from Nolimit City provider. There are several categories of bonus games, where the cheapest one costs x80, and the most expensive one costs x1000-2000.
Since the feature of buying a bonus game is not available in all slots, many casinos put such games in a separate section for convenience in the search. It is called “Buy Bonus”, which contains all such games.
Play slots for real money
You can play slots for real money in any online casino. To do this, just register on one of the sites and replenish your account. By the way, to get acquainted with slots, many projects allow you to play absolutely free. To do this, just select the game and open it in demo mode.
Many of you know that the casino is designed in such a way that in the long run it will always be in the black. Despite this, you can win and win a lot. And if you know the basic concepts, then you can create the perfect strategy that is suitable for your bankroll.
- RTP (Return to Player). Each slot has its own RTP, which is indicated as a percentage. Its average value can be from 84% to 98%. The higher the RTP, the more attractive the slot for the player, as it will give out winnings more often. Find out the return percentage in the settings of each online slot.
- Volatility. It is also a very important indicator, which consists of several levels. Let’s explain with an example: there are slots with high volatility. This means that the winning combinations will fall out quite rarely, but the payouts for them will be high. Conversely, slots with low volatility – wins often occur, but payouts are low.
- The return on jackpot slots is noticeably lower. Since in them an additional percentage is removed from each bet made, which goes to its accumulative part. A simple example: in the popular slot from the provider NETENT “Divine Fortune”. The claimed return in this slot is 96.59%. But on top of that, 3.7% of every bet you make goes into the Mega Jackpot.