Baccarat in online casino. How to play
Baccarat is a gambling game that originated in France, although some historians dispute this fact. The origin of the game is attributed to several countries – Spain, Italy, but the most “running” version attributes the birth of baccarat in the Italian living room. The founder of the game is Felix Falguere, who lived in the Medieval era in Sicily. The rules of baccarat from that moment remained unchanged, except that they played not with ordinary cards, but with Tarot cards. In general, the very name of the game evokes secular parties, where noble persons sat at luxurious tables and passionately competed for fortunes by candlelight. There is also a legend in the old game. The Etruscan ritual of worshiping the nine gods was taken as the basis: a nine-sided bone was thrown and the fate of the virgin was decided. If the numbers eight or nine fell out, then the girl became a priestess; if six or seven, then she was no longer allowed to the rites; if less than six, then it was thrown into the sea. Today, the game, of course, has lost its fatefulness.
How to play baccarat?
The game is easy and fast. For baccarat, a table is used, on which special markings are applied, as well as eight decks of ordinary cards in 52 pieces. The cards are dealt to the croupier from a special device called a clog. The most widespread in the world is the American version of the game, so let’s look at the rules of playing baccarat in this style. Participants of the game only need to place a bet and wait for the announcement of the results of the hand. No other decisions are required from the players, since strictly established rules do everything for the players. Up to three dealers and fourteen players can participate at the same table at the same time.
The highest combination in baccarat, which is called “natural”, is obtained from the sum of the values of two cards, equal to nine. A similar name, but already slightly lower in “rank”, is a combination of two cards equal to eight. Each card has its own value: cards from 2 to 9 are equal in value to their face value, an ace brings one point, other cards do not give anything to the player. If the amount of cards that turned out to be more than nine fell into the hands, then ten must be subtracted from it. In other words: there is never more than nine on hand, the possibility of busting is excluded.
The gaming table is divided into sectors, in each of them you can bet separately. There are three types of bets in baccarat:
– to win the dealer; winnings are paid in the ratio of 19 to 20 (or 1:1, but with a 5% commission deduction);
– to win the player; winnings are paid 1:1;
– for a draw – when the opponents have the same amount of points; winnings are paid 8 to 1 (although some casinos practice payouts of 9:1).
The rules of baccarat prescribe the following actions on the part of the players. The bet is made by the player in the corresponding sector of the table within the minimum-maximum limits, after which he receives two cards from the croupier. If the player is lucky and immediately receives a natural combination, then a comparison with the amount of points from the dealer takes place, thus determining the winner. If the player is not lucky, and the amount in his hand is less than nine or eight points, then the croupier gives him a third card. The dealer, on the other hand, buys cards for himself according to strict rules, which are determined by the player’s third bought card:
- If the dealer has 6 (or more) points, the third card is not bought if the player did not take it.
- If the player does not have 8 points, the dealer will buy the 3rd card if he has only 3 points.
- Mandatory third card when the dealer has 2 or less points.
- The card is not bought if the dealer has cards with a total value of 7 points.
- If the dealer has a card with a value of 5 points, then the third is taken if the player has not received a card with a value of 4, 5, 6, 7 points.
- A card is taken if the player does not receive a card with a value from 0 to 1 or from 8 to 9, and the dealer has only 4 points.
After the manipulations with the cards, a comparison is made. Naturally, the winner will be the one whose combination is greater than the amount. With equal amounts, the opponents declare a draw, after which the croupier makes payments, collects cards in clogs, and baccarat continues.
Features of the game of baccarat
This game has an element of online casino advantage. In other words, you will also win and lose, but if the time period of the game is too long, then you will not be able to stay in the win. After all, everything is decided by chance, and none of the players has any influence on the course of the game. Many have tried to count cards, make up their own methods for winning baccarat, but to this day, none of them is effective. The only thing that can be asserted based on some mathematical calculations is that:
- Betting on a draw is practically a no-win bet, it is better to avoid it, even if a payout of 9 to 1 is offered.
- The bet on the player is the most profitable, it is recommended to use it more often.
- With fewer decks in the game, the chances of winning increase, although it cannot be said categorically.